Friday, June 8, 2007

Rick rides again

The kickball competition was fierce last night as we played a team much better than their 1-3-1 record conveys. They had solid fielding and base-running, and some very spirited costumes, but they ultimately couldn't overcome the excellent offense of the "Rick is 21" crew (including a 3-run homer). I managed to go 2 for 3, ultimately driving in the game-winning RBI. I also managed to get into the direct path of a stellar 5th-inning line-drive made by one of my own teammates. The ball left his foot and zoomed straight toward me (I had stepped off of first base to head to second and then turned to watch the ball). Like a deer caught in the headlights, I took the ball directly in the arms, which I had put up to protect my chest.
Brilliant.
Some pics of the team:


-----------------------------------------------------------------
No plans this weekend other than baseball and packing/organizing for the move. We still don't know about the status of our current apartment, but we're crossing our fingers that it is rented by Monday.

No comments: