Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Trivia

Every Tuesday night we play trivia at Ri Ra's in the Old Port. This week, with da husband (yes, one of our co-workers has a Maine accent and actually says "da wife") out of town at a UW conference in Pittsburgh, our team was down a geography/sports expert, but still managed to hold our own, finishing with a 38 (the winners had 43).
Questions I took on solo:
*What popular animated series has the characters Dizzy, Scoop & Muck?
*What automobile was the Porsche the sporty version of?


Questions I should have known the answer to, but for some reason couldn't come up with an answer:
*What is the name of the bank in the Harry Potter books?
*What actor was in both "The Magnificent Seven" and "The Dirty Dozen"?
*What is the nationality of Kofi Annan's wife?


Answers below.

I heart trivia. And one of these weeks our team will win.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This week has also brought the purchase of some Mary Kay products. Yes, I might officially be my mother. A friend is selling the stuff so I had to go hear the pitch over some pizza and wine (essential fortifications when talking about beauty products). At some point, the products jumbled together in a swirling pink cloud around my head until the smell of moisturizer, both with SPF and without, caused me to pass out. Two hours later, my face glowing with tinted facial hydrating gel and my checkbook one short, I left with some hand cleanser and a revitalizing face mask. Could have been so much worse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Answers:
Bob the Builder
The VW Beetle
Gringotts
Charles Bronson
Swedish

1 comment:

Chris said...

She's Baaaack!!!
So good to have your blog voice voicing again.
I've missed you.