Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trivia and a House for Imaginary Friends

Last night I almost caught up on the sleep I lost devouring Book 7 of Harry Potter this weekend. Tall Guy and I watched The Princess Bride and I was reminded how much I like that movie. And the book; it's a great book, written by William Goldman. I should read some of his other books.
--------------------------------------------------
We switched up our trivia night last week, going to Margarita's on Wednesday night instead of RiRa's on Tuesday (and you thought Maine was boring). We were a team of 9 and we absolutely blew the competition away. The place had about 1/4 of the people that RiRa's gets, but we ate some tasty Mexican food while we answered all but 5 questions right (scoring 32 out of 40). We won two free dinners and a huge Mexican vase-thing stuffed with margarita glasses and a pitcher. Not bad. Here're the questions I can remember 6 days later:

*What is the largest seed?
*Statistically, what is the safest age for a human?
*The Abominable Snowman is associated with which part of the world?
*Which army was the first to introduce canned food?
*Where on the human body can 20 moons be found?
*Where was Rocky Racoon’s home?
*How many horses on a polo team?
*What are the 3 kinds of rocks?
*What color is the Teletubby Dipsy?
*How long does antibacterial soap have to be left on the skin to work?
*What is the plural form of the word scampi?
-----------------------------------------------
And, as I've mentioned before, trivia reminds me of our search for a place to call home. So, the BIG news: Tall Guy and I are HOMEOWNERS. Well, almost. It's all contingent on a home inspection and financing, but we're pretty darned close. The house is a very cute 3BR colonial in South Portland. The inspection is Thursday so I'll take some pics and post them after that.
------------------------------------------------
Answers:
Coconut
10 years old
Himalayas
Napoleon’s
Finger and toenails
black mountain hills of Dakota
4
Igneous, Sedimentary, and Metamorphic
Green
Two minutes
Scampo

2 comments:

Chris said...

Princess Bride is one of my all-time favortie movies, I never new of the books, perhaps I shall chek'em out.

Best of luck with home ownership 2.0.

I knew none of those trivia q's.

Noelle said...

Congrats on the new home! And if you want to watch a good movie that William Goldman wrote, check out Good Will Hunting. (Based on a vague idea by two dudes who later won the Oscar...)

I reread the epilogue of HP7 before work today, and had to give myself a moment before I was good to drive. It may be the sleep deprivation, but it makes me so emontional.