Friday, September 28, 2007

the kickball team that can

Our little kickball team, an amalgamation of a few teams from last season is undefeated through 4 games! Tall Guy and I had to disband our beloved "Rick is 21" because not enough people came back from last season, so we got tossed in with "Look Ma, No Hands" and what a great thing that has turned out to be. We actually played the team on which 2 of our former teammates ended up, another amalgamation of teams from last season and a force to be reckoned with. We played a game of perfect defense and put together some nice offense, scoring 3 runs to their 1. I have to toot my own horn and say that I had a diving catch (my first and it felt good, and a lead-off double because they overthrew trying to get me out at 1st so I turned on the juice and made it to 2nd - we didn't score, but it's gratifying getting 2 bases on a bunt).

This weekend is Homecoming at my little school so I will be attending a bonfire this evening and a day of athletic activities tomorrow. I will NOT be chaperoning the dance tomorrow night. This is a good thing since the students had to be warned to keep their genitals apart when dancing or risk not having a dance next year.
Teenagers+music+dark=chaperoning nightmare.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your diving catch! We could use you on Team Underpants!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, our Principal doesn't even believe in having a school mascot, let alone a Homecoming Dance.

Also? School libraries rock! :)

Chris said...

Missing you here in bloggerville...

Anonymous said...

Look kids, the only problem you have is me! I love it!

Damian F.

Chris said...

Oh where, Oh where, has the MaineStream gone? Please come back real soon....

Chris said...

I've tagged you for a meme, see my blog for details. (It feels so wrong, yet it feels so right)