Thursday, August 2, 2007

To meme or not to...

I will, but I'm only going to answer the ones that I really like. This is from Chris's blog and it was originally 50 random questions. I only answered 29.

1. What curse word do you use the most? Fuck, I can't think of one.

2. Do you own an iPod? Yes, though I now share it with Tall Guy since his died. I have also been turned on to a great Web site, MP3 which streams new albums for free. Great for blocking out the phone conversations of my colleagues.

3. Flip flops or sneakers? Not really a fan of either. If someone were chasing me, I'd like to have sneakers on. If my feet are going to meet an ocean wave, I'd choose flip flops. Otherwise, a cute pair of dress shoes, please.

4. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? Easy, take it. I want someone else to develop them for me though.

5. What was the last movie you watched? Idlewild - the Outkast movie - I was really impressed with the first 3/4 of the movie. The ending was disappointing, but on the whole a worthwhile flick, especially, as Netflix says, "if you like your roadhouse boogie straight up". Who knew that I did?

6. Do any of your friends have children? Almost all of my friends from CT have kids - it's a requirement to stay in the state. Very few of my friends in Portland have them. Kids and beer don't mix.

7. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? That's what books are for.

8. What CD is currently in your CD player? I haven't had a CD player in a long time. But I mentioned the MP3 site above - this week I have listened to Ani DiFranco, Live at Carnegie Hall, A Tribute to Joni Mitchell by various artists (has an amazing version of "Dreamland" by Caetano Veloso), and the new one by Modest Mouse, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank.

9. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? Chocolate.

10. Who was the last person to call you? My mom asking if I could get tomorrow off to go to the beach. Sadly, I had to say no b/c I have so much work to do - probably shouldn't be blogging right now...

11. Did you watch cartoons as a child? I watched Saturday-morning cartoons, back when they were on prime time. I remember liking The Smurfs, Justice League and Gummi Bears, and Sunday morning cartoons like Johnny Quest and Captain Caveman.

13. What movie do you know every line to? Embarrassing revelation ahead: The Little Mermaid. Every damn line.

14. What is your favorite salad dressing? Home-made balsamic vinaigrette

15. Do you read for fun? Does a Republican lie?

16. Who was the last person to text message you? One of my kickball teammates. I love text messaging - I hate the horrible abbreviating that goes along with it.

17. Is sex before marriage wrong? No.

18. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? Define function. I don't need much but no matter how much (or little) I get, I'm pretty cranky in the morning.

19.Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? If I am trying to decide between 2 similar products, I do. I buy a lot of fresh meat and produce so there are no packages to check.

20.Are you picky about spelling and grammar? To answer this meme, I was trying to decide if the titles of albums should be put in quotes or italics so I opened one of my favorite links to a punctuation guide. I'd say yes.

21. Have you ever been to Six Flags? No. I went to amusement parks before they were all Six Flags. Today, I get queasy swinging on a backyard swing.

22. Do you like cottage cheese? I think it's a cruel joke that this food has cheese in the description.

23. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? I start on my stomach every night and usually roll onto my back. If I end up on my side, I wake up and flip to my stomach.

24. What song did you last sing out loud? I'm pretty sure it was Wilson Philips' "Hold On" at 2AM Saturday night. There were 4 of us and it was hott.

25. What is your favorite TV show? Ever: V (a sci-fi show from the early 80s), Cheers or Six Feet Under. Now - Lost or Heroes.

26. Which celebrity, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with? Paul Newman

27. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach? Waiting for the realtor to call and tell us whether or not we got our house.

28. What one thing do you wish you had? 3 more inches of height.

29. Favorite lyrics? A lot of Ani DiFranco songs have amazing lyrics. Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah" (not only the lyrics, but the way he sings them - wow). Tool's "Aenima":
"I sure could use a vacation from this
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay."
Amen.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Of all the things I enjouyed about this post, the thin I love the most is that you categorized it under "self absorbtion". You totally rock!

Noelle said...

I hate abbreviated text messages. I also have to try and think about what I want to say without using contractions, because getting to the apostrophe takes too many keystrokes. That means instead of saying, "I'll be there in 5," I have to say "be there in 5." Terrible, terrible sentence fragments.

Kate said...

Hoooollllddd onnn for one more day. Things'll go your waaaayyyy...Hold on for one more day.